Frequently Asked Questions
Medicare pays for all approved home health visits.
The Medicare program covers the elderly (those 65 and over) and individuals who have been disabled for two or more years.
Four Medicare requirements for Home Health Coverage:
- Physician Order (Family Physician or Hospitalist)
- Need for Nursing or Therapy
- Medicare Certified Agency
Medicare will pay for 80% of Durable Medical Equipment costs (i.e. wheelchair, hospital bed).
Medicare, Most Private Insurances, Medicaid, and Veterans Administration will pay for Home Health Services.
Why should I choose Arlingworth Home Care over another Home Care company?
- Arlingworth Home Care has been named a 2011 Home Care Elite Top 500 Company
- Arlingworth Home Care has served the Columbus area since 1983
- Arlingworth Home Care recently received a DEFICIENCY FREE SURVEY!
- Arlingworth Home Care's Patient Satisfaction Surveys are above state and national levels
- Arlingworth Home Care has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau
- Arlingworth Home Care offers customized Private Duty Services and packages
- Full background checks and drug screenings are conducted prior to hiring staff
- Nurses (RNs and LPNs) are hired based on 12 standards of care
QUESTIONS TO ASK A HOME HEALTH CARE PROVIDER
When deciding on a Home Health Care Agency it is important to be educated and ask the following questions:
- How long has your agency been in business?
- What services does your agency provide?
How are the staff screened before being hired?
- What type of background checks are done?
- How many references are checked?
- Do your therapists and nurses have the appropriate certification/education?
- Are your employees insured and bonded?
- Do the employees have reliable transportation?
- How is the staff assigned to a family? Will it be the same aid, nurse, therapist weekly?
- How often will the aid, nurse or therapist be at my home? When will I expect the first visit?
- What is the procedure for making a complaint?
- Can a nurse be reached 24-7 just in case of an emergency?
- Is your agency Medicare/Medicaid certified?
- Will I be charged for any services or supplies?
- Does your agency do an initial assessment before service?
- What role does a family have in the plan of care?
- Will the agency be in regular contact with the physician?